Nurture Burrito Enchilada
Prep Time 40 minutes, Serves 4
Nurture Burger 85% lean ground grass fed beef
1 ½ tbsp olive oil (recommend Carapelli)
½ onion chopped
1 15 oz can re-fried beans
½ tsp red chili powder
Sea Salt to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup enchilada sauce
¾ cup white rice
1 chopped green chile /Serrano pepper
2 tbsp cilantro / coriander leaves chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1 head shredded iceberg lettuce
1) Preheat the oven to 400 deg. on broil
2) Cook Nurture Burger Grass Fed Beef in pan with 1 tbsp. olive oil set aside in bowl.
3) Cook white rice in a pan. Once rice is cooked add ½ tbsp olive oil and cook on medium high 3 to 4 minutes until it develops color.
4) Add green chile, cilantro and lemon juice to rice.
5) Heat ½ tbsp of olive oil in pan. Add onion, pinch of sea salt and saute until it becomes translucent.
6) Add in refried beans and red chili powder. Drizzle in water and saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
7) Place tortillas on cooking pan and add in the rice prepared at the center followed by the re-fried bean mixture.
8) Pour ½ sauce, and ½ cheddar cheese into the burritos.
9) Roll up burritos and place in casserole dish side by side.
10) Pour remaining enchilada sauce and cheese on top of the tortillas.
11) Cook in oven for 3-5 minutes under broiler until cheese melts and sauce bubbles.
12) Place cold shredded lettuce on plate with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole if desired.
13) Remove burrito from oven and let stand for one minute.
14) Scoop out hot burrito and place on plate to serve. Sprinkle cilantro on top for color.