Dr Oz Says Planning Improves Wellness
Dr. Oz spoke at the Global Wellness Economy Monitor release today in New York City. The Monitor is a global study conducted by the Global Wellness Institute and covers a variety of wellness opportunities for enriching lives.
He shared insights on the importance of planning to improve wellness.
Below are a some highlights of his thoughts. Find out more from the Global Wellness Institute.
1) Plan your meals, you will eat healthier.
2) It matters when you eat – 3 hours before bed stop eating. Your brain is saying go to sleep, while you intestines are saying go to work.
3) Continuous healthy snacking is better than not snacking.
4) Plan social time with friends.
5) The healthiest thing you can do is laugh with friends.
6) Plan time to sleep at least seven hours per night.
7) Avg sleep score is only 77 our of 100 - not so good.
8) Better sleep = better health
9) A better mattress can add 20 minutes of sleep.
10) Successful CEOs now sleep 9 hours a day & nap.
11) There are 594 types of stress, know the ones that impact you most and establish a plan to best cope with them.
12) Purposely planning meals, sleep, social life and how to cope with stress will make you healthier and happier.
Nurture Tips For A Healthier Week
1) Set a bed time that gets you seven plus hours of sleep and plan around that time.
2) Schedule meal times at least three hours before bedtime.
3) Plan each weeks meals in advance to assure you have the healthiest choices available.
4) Make social time a priority and add it to your weekly calendar.
5) Identify your biggest stress factors and best ways to cope with them.