Texas Brisket Y'all - Honey Pecan Smoked Recipe
Ingredients & Equipment
· 1 10-12 pounds Nurture Ranch® whole 1 Cow® Texas Beef Brisket - Uncooked
· 1/2 cup sea salt
· 1/3 cup freshly ground black pepper)
· 1/2 cup of Texas Pure Honey
· Small Bowl
· Gas Grill or Wood Smoker
· Electric Oven
· Smoker Box For Gas Grill
· 8 Cups Texas Pecan All-Natural Wood Chips
· Smoker Box
· Meat Thermometer
· Baking Sheet
· Meat Thermometer
· Cutting Board
· Carving Knife
· Season brisket one hour before preparing the grill.
· Place brisket on a baking sheet covered in foil.
· Mix salt and pepper in a bowl with honey.
· Cover meat with seasoned honey.
· Let meat sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
· Soak 6 cups wood chips in a bowl of water for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Keeping 2 cups chips dry.
· Light one grill burner on one side to medium.
· Place smoker box over the lit burner, add 1/2 cup soaked wood chips to box.
· Keep temperature at 225-250°F.
· Use thermometer to take grill reading . Stick it through the gap between the lid and base of the grill.
· Wood chips will begin to smolder smoke. Add a few dry chips to the soaked ones to get more smoke.
· Place brisket, fat side up, on grill grate as far away from lit burner as possible. Cover grill.
· Adjust heat to maintain 225-250°F, keeping lid closed.
· Check wood chips every 45 minutes, add 1/2 cup soaked chips as needed for consistent smoke.
· Smoke brisket on grill 5-6 hours until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 160°F.
· Wrap brisket in foil, place on a baking sheet, and cook in a 250°F oven 4-6 hours.
· Remove when meat reaches 195-205°F internal temp. Rest brisket on cutting board 30 minutes.
· Slice against the grain 1/4" thick and serve.
If you don’t have the time for this recipe, simply order
delivered to your home. Open, warm and serve.